Thursday, November 06, 2008

Speaking of Wabbits

I saw a documentary last night about wildlife on the Andes Mountains.
The bunny like creature sketched below actually exists there and sleeps standing up just like the drawing.
It is a half squirrel half rabbit mammal called Viscacha.

Because they can stand a high altitude and most predators are unable to reach them they are one of the main animals living up there.
I did the sketch really fast while watching the documentary sooo afraid I’d never see it again (Which would be a crime since it's so great looking and I love drawing it)!
Little did I know with a little work I found some images on the glorious web.
Here's the real thing:




Man I wish these were around here I want one!

One a totally unrelated note, here are some bonus sketches ~


No comments: