Monday, August 14, 2006

Piggyback on Eddie's Crowd Theory

As Uncle Eddie said in his recent post " I love crowd shots."
http://uncleeddiestheorycorner.blogspot.com/.
Well I completely agree, especially with the gritty 1950's style of crowd.
However one thing I love more than a great crowd shot is a vintage group school photo.
I LOVE them. Inevitably someone is making a hilarious face voluntarily or otherwise in the background and the teacher in the shot always sets the mood.
I think they are an outstanding reference to develop character personalities.
Here are some examples from my personal collection:










2 comments:

Eddie Fitzgerald said...

Those faces make me want me want to draw! Thanks for sharing!

Taber said...

These are pretty funny! One of my all time favorites is the one on the back of the Gary Larson autobiography.